Google
 

24 March 2008

Ad-Aware - AntiSpy

Hmmm....This is my own personal review on Ad-Aware. Ad-Aware is free licensed and available for download.

This is anti-spyware software, the features I had read in the download.com is that it can scan the spyware in RAM, a lot of anti-spyware just scanning your hard disk for sypware existence. I had even installed a keystroke scramble to prevent keyloggers inside Kernel.

I had tested this Ad-Aware, and not all spywares can be detected because I had one keylogger in my old hard-disk back in year 2006, and hard-disk was scanned by Ad-Aware, it state there was no spyware or any suspicious program... Guess what? There was a spyware in my hard-disk. Before I knew about it, I had installed the Spyware Doctor, and it had a positive result, although I couldn't remove the spyware with free trial version of Spyware Doctor but at least I know there was a spyware. Sadly the Ad-Aware couldn't spot that program which had a LOW level of danger.

The most concrete advantage of this software is that, it is small size( did not consume your hard disk space much ) and it is useful for most of the dangerous spyware around the world, and it's FREE in term of providing spyware removal upon detection. So use it if you do not want to buy Spyware Doctor or Webroot =)

0 Comments, leave yours here!: